Our Mission: To drive up employment for people with disabilities, including Veterans.
Ten Cities, Ten Weeks Schedule - Questions? Call 800.973.7687
Ten Cities, Ten Weeks: Schedule:
1. September 25 – Columbus Ohio. The Ohio Business Leadership Network is welcoming back Janet Fiore, CEO of the Sierra Group. Ms. Fiore will present: "Maximizing New Technology to Create Linkages between Businesses, Agencies and Candidates with Disabilities and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008." Guests will be invited to join the One More Way collaborative www.onemoreway.org.
And: October 2 – Columbus, Ohio. The Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission HireAbility Conference welcomes UCB, Inc. Branch Manager Vickie Peirano-Thompson, will take part on a panel discussion on the Impending Worker Shortage. Ms. Peirano-Thompson is the Sierra Group Foundation's Ohio Business Ambassador to the One More Way program www.onemoreway.org. Ms. Peirano Thompson's company, UCB, Inc. is nationally noted for their company's “bring to work and stay at work” initiatives that include people with disabilities in their workforce. For more information on this conference visit www.rsc.state.oh.us/HireAbility. Guests will be invited to join the One More Way Collaborative www.onemoreway.org.
3. October 3 – Wellesley, Massachusetts. The New England Chapter of the International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals (IARP) welcomes guest presenters from The Sierra Group, nationally known for a variety of initiatives related to employment and disability. Sierra Group presenters include, Michael Fiore, Jackie Pickering and Seth Acosta. Topics will include rehabilitation engineering, legislative changes such as the ADA Amendments Act of 2008; work incentives, shifting labor markets and trends in electronic job search. For more information on location and registration. Guests will be invited to join review the One More Way Collaborative www.onemoreway.org.
4. October 8 – Portland, Oregon. The 2008 USBLN Annual Conference. “The Line Between Technology and Accommodation is Blurring”, William “Skip” Simonds will present on how hardware, software, and networking innovations are changing the way ALL workers access data; from higher resolution displays to enhanced data retrieval systems and automated recruiting kiosks - technology in a global economy is altering the role that vocational rehabilitation must fill. As a board member to Sierra Group's Foundation, Skip will invite all attendees to join the One More Way Collaborative www.onemoreway.org.
5. October 17 – Dublin, Ohio. “Accessible Workforce Diversity”, Janet Fiore, CEO and Jeff Horner, Director of National Business Development, and Foundation Board member. This popular corporate training provides business customers with an overview of accessibility and compliance tools needed to implement a proactive recruiting program to recruit, accommodate and retain employees with disabilities. Guests will be invited to join the One More Way Collaborative www.onemoreway.org.
6. October 16 – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Sierra Group is partnering with Rohm and Haas for Disability Mentoring Day. Job seekers will be matched with business volunteers for mock interview in the morning. Sierra Group gives special thanks to Stacy Kyle at the PA BLN for coordinating the mentees. At noon, Liberty Resources Academy, and the Pennsylvania Institute on Assistive Technology (PIAT) will host a lobby area assistive technology display – open to the public from noon until 1:00 PM. Michael Fiore will present training to all businesses in attendance entitled: “Disability and the Global Economy”, this presentation will help enlighten businesses about disability in this day and age. Click here for more information on Disability Mentoring Day. We thank our partners at Rohm & Haas for their commitment in hosting this day long disability diversity initiative.
7. October 26 – St. Louis, Missouri. The National Rehabilitation Conference. “The One More Way Collaborative – Connecting Business to Agency and Candidates,” presented by Janet Fiore, CEO of The Sierra Group, will talk to rehabilitation professionals about the connectivity available to them and the consumers with disabilities that they serve by announcing the launch of her Foundation's new open-source collaborative. For more information on One More Way please visit www.onemoreway.org
8. November 1- Trevose, Pennsylvania. The Philadelphia Epilepsy Foundation welcomes back CEO, Janet Fiore for another keynote address for Epilepsy Education & Information Exchange 2008. “In the Mean Time...Life is What Happens While You Are Busy Making Other Plans”. Janet will enlighten the audience regarding how to best portray oneself to land, and keep, the job of your dreams. Visit www.efepa.org for more details or to register.
9. November 3 – Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Intermediate Unit 13 welcomes The Sierra Group to present regarding “Assistive Technology in Transitioning from School to Work.” Learn about the latest technology and how it can help students transition out of school and into higher education or the world of employment.
10. November 20 – Syracuse, New York. The Sierra Group has been asked to present at the New York Chapter of the International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals. (IARP) Michael Fiore will present on “What a Job Seeker Needs to Know About the New Sophisticated Electronic Job Search” which will include information on the changing workforce and information on the One More Way Collaborative. Jackie Pickering will present on “Shifting Labor Market Trends.” She will focus on the Real Estate and Financial Markets.
11. November 21 – Jacksonville, Florida. The World Congress on Disability Job Fair and Career Symposium. The Ten Cities Ten Weeks One More Way to Drive up Employment Tour will conclude in high style with concurrent trainings delivered at the World Congress on Disability Job Fair and Career Symposium. Sierra Group consultants will invite all recruiter guests and job seekers to LEARN and CONNECT at this forum, and stay connected via the One More Way Collaborative. Training sessions for Recruiters and for Job Seekers will warm up the group as they prepare to enter the JOB FAIR. “Interviewing a Diverse Workforce”, will be delivered simultaneous to “Getting the Job: Interviewing and Resume Tips” Pre-registration is REQUIRED – call 1-888-492-2402.
INTERESTED? Please contact The Sierra Group via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.800.973.7687.
We would like to receive your suggestions or comments. Please sign our guestbook.